PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caravan rating in Kenya
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2022, 12:34
metalboi69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jakekenobi
Hello to fellow sky and forum dwellers,

I`am interested in doing a Caravan rating,and i found that one of the schools in Kenya is advertising rating for 1000usd (this is reduced price for their students,don`t know full price), and promising some time building with their sister company Aeronav.

I would welcome any insights and experience with them, or other flight school in Kenya doing the rating. I`ll probably have to do rating on validation, it`s to much hustle to convert to full Kenyan licence,and that rises next question, can i transfer c208 rating to my EASA licence?

I am close to 1000TT EASA fATPL-IR-ME, and would appreciate any advice on that subject as well.

Also it`s nice to jump start this African thread, its` become sad in past couple of months,

Thank you all, and hope flying will pick up soon.
If you are still looking into this, I have it on good authority that the charter company associated with the flight school you're interested in was involved in an accident with one of its caravans in early 2021 (Complete hull loss). Furthermore, their second caravan has been down for maintenance in Orly airpark for about a year (an entire year!) citing unavailability of parts due to a reduced supply chain. They are now using a PA34 to run the majority of their charter flights. Having dealt with some of the individuals at said company, I personally would stay well away from them.