PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DECs
Thread: Emirates DECs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2003, 23:32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ek managment in the moment is like a pilot who is not ahead of his own aircraft because someone else (the goverment) is pushing the trottle forward.
the chairmen had in the past years, because of the aviation situation, plenty of opportunitys to shop and buy cheap a/c all over the place.
unfortunately our top guys were afraid to speak up and stopp that process for a while in order to catch up with recruiting and tranining.
i believe, even if we would have, according to managment, enough "suitable" f/o´s available for upgrade, even then the company would be unable to cope with the present situation.
there is just not enough time to crew our aircrafts.
on top all this restrictions they put on their own upgradings.
why do we need 3 years in the rh seat?
that started the whole misery in the beginning. 2 years would be more than reasonable to get to know the airline and their ways of doing things.
it is just a fixing that is going on, a reacting to the undoubtly impressive expansion. it is not an acting we would need.
on top the way they play the so called crm to us.
it is very sad to see that some of our managers have absolutely no proper way of communicating with us.
taking the whole situation, they could have told us they whole deal upfront before we read it on websites or get it from forums.
it still would have had quite an impact on us, but i am sure a different one.
it sadens me to experience this relationsship with the company and i as well thought that that would be the last company i would work for.

so in the monent our 777 f/o´s are stuck because the next 777 come in 2005. no crosstraining upgrading allowed.
would it help if 777 captains volunteer on the airbus now?
it could reduce the number of DEC or even open up DEC on the 777. i don´t know.
any thoughts?