PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 231 20 December DXB IAD near crash?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2021, 13:13
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
A bit of a drift but I have also noticed in recent years a tendency to over control when manual flying, particularly in neophyte pilots. The automation is disconnected @1,000ft with the runway straight ahead and there ensues a semi violent waggling of the controls from left to right a bit like Lady Penelope’s chauffeur, Parker in Thunderbirds for those old enough to remember. I oft remarked that if you do nothing the aircraft will still go in a straight line…I don’t wish to bash young pilots because boy have they got a lot to contend with. Ek is a toxic environment. I was there myself in a non flying role and I observed with slack jawed amazement the management’s spiteful and venal treatment of the work force.Pilot wise, everyone running scared of the dreaded warning letter. No thoughts given to remedial non jeopardy training but school type punishment designed to increase anxiety and damage the mental health of the hapless recipients. The Swiss cheese is just waiting to really line up. This incident does not appear good but strange events are occurring post pandemic. With the extensive network, the individual roster issue, why not just for once, consider how this happened, what actions were taken and ensure it does not happen again.I live in hope but the crew will be made scapegoats I am sure.