PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SmartLynx
Thread: SmartLynx
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2021, 09:17
Tortilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just refused poor offer of SmalrtLynx

Just received an offer of the contract and it’s ridiculous.
Few days ago their CEO made a conference that they don’t have any debts anymore and they want to expand rapidly, as well to offer great contracts for their crews. Well… contract and company approach is just a joke.

Contract is with Dubai agency, that in real life is located in Vilnius. No chance for any EU contract. Agency is not able to answer simple questions about job conditions and contract itself looks like trash. They “guarantee” job for 7 months per year, rest can be unpaid leave. And this “guarantee” is not a part of the contract.

CPT can get 5000€ per 23 days, but when you’re at home for 5 free days, they will not pay you for days off, but put unpaid leave, even in summer period. This salary may happen only between April and October, other months you get unpaid leave, or if you work, salary is reduced by various amounts, like “ground fee” for sby or travel day. So you will be lucky to work in winter and get some money.

This unlimited unpaid leave is in fact a leash, cause even if they put you on forced holidays with no pay, they expect you to operate and be available whenever they need you, even on short notice. If not, they will reduce from your “holidays”, that, guess what, are unpaid as well.

So it’s nothing different than XXI century slavery.

Roster pattern doesn’t exist. Nothing mentioned in contract, company answers they they “will try” to plan 23 on/ 5 off, but absolutely no guarantee. I remember my friend working there, told that before was around 21/9 and was quite happy about, but now they don’t provide this.

Notice period, if you want to leave is 45 days, but if you resign within 4 months from the last training, you have to pay training bond, around 4000€.
All insurance, tax etc. is your responsibility, they give you absolutely nothing! ​​​​​And they expect you will pay insurance by yourself for all year long and prove it to them, even when they don’t pay you, cause you must be available to work all the time.

Right now they send people to Nigeria. My friend says hotel and general conditions there are bad. There is a high level of covid infections among crew, so they get reduced salary when they have to isolate themselves.

I decided to refuse their offer. I rather wait for my previous company, that at least give some social contributions and don’t expect me to show up at work immediately when they send me for few months of unpaid leave. Looks like they want to catch people asap, cause they know that any other offer that will show up next weeks will have a better condition.