PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2021, 11:38
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
doesnt stop you getting it - no but reduces risk that exposure leads to infection

doesnt stop you transmitting it - we used to agree but data in November shows vaccination halves risk of transmission

doesnt negate the need for wearing masks - nothing to do with science. Masks are a political decision and few politicians have any scientific knowledge. I agree, cloth masks and FFP2 masks have little and possibly no effect. In hospitals all staff and patients should wear FFP3 or N95 masks because hospitals have been a major source of infection

doesnt negate the need for testing - no because vaccines were developed to halve the risk of hospitalisation or death NOT infection, and testing reduced cross infection. Different strands to control. I could be persuaded that with Omicron we should stop testing and mix whereupon the wave would finish in 4-6 weeks with less economic damage. Just need to protect the immunosupressed

Only works for 6 months then you need a booster - long term I suspect it will be annual.....like flu vaccination. Indeed covid 19 may well replace or supplant flu so no change in number of vaccinations

In short an abject failure - if you are referring to the politicians or the modellers or the scare mongers then I agree. If you are talking about the dozen or so poor vaccines then I agree. If you are talking about Uger Sahin who is responsible for the mRNA vaccines (with his own money) then no these vaccines have possibly saved a million lives, will be modified within 90 days for future mutations and the technology is already being developed for oncology. Another million women's lives will be extended this decade due to avoiding death from gynaelogical cancers alone.