PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2021, 16:48
misteredin2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everybody.
I am, like many others, waiting to be invited for an assessment (fATPL, nTR).
What I’m about to write here is what my friend has told me. He applied in winter last year and was contacted end of November. He was offered two dates to choose, the latest being two weeks away.
The assessment is divided in 4 sections, over the course of 2 days.
The first day you start with a theoretical assessment (60 questions in 60 minutes, ATPL general knowledge, general Math, Wizzair info like fleet size orders and so on) on which the pass mark is 70%.
After this he had an interview, mostly on Air Law and Operational Procedures (he made examples like “when is an Alternate airport not required”, “what is the distance between runway edge lights”, “what is the minima for a CAT II ILS”) which he found rather difficult.
The next day he had a sim session and a psychometric assessment, which he judged pretty easy. The sim consisted of a straight departure, some basic airwork and an approach (MXP, AMS or MAN).
T&C’s: the type rating is fully sponsored. You have the option to pay for it upfront (14000EUR). Should you decide to not pay for your type you are deducted 400EUR/month for 4 years and they will be earning little money out of it (19200EUR). You will receive 1000EUR per month during ground training. After 4 years of employment you are entitled a Loyalty Bonus of 7000EUR.
There seems to be a package you can buy on Latestpilotjobs.com where you can prepare for the wizzair assessment.
Hope this is useful to all of us.
Should anybody have First Hand Experience on this, welcome to add more information.