PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another takeoff segments thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2021, 00:03
Lantirn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by john_tullamarine
What is the gradient of the standard net flight path analysis assuming no obstacles?

There is no NFP analysis if there be no obstacles. Either you are MTOW or WAT limited (ignoring cruise and landing considerations which may further limit TOW).
That’s where 1.6% applies if I get it correctly.

Originally Posted by john_tullamarine
I thought takeoff segments were only for N-1 engines. Thats why I wrote that for 2 eng a/c, it is 1.6%.

Provided the aircraft is operated such that the GFP remains above the NFP, all is fine. Again, we don't have a disagreement on this point. However, again, you appear to be overlooking the distinction that 1.6% is a minimum WAT requirement and, apart from being that minimum available gradient, has naught to do with obstacle NFP analyses.
I am not overlooking that, that’s why I wrote that anything protruding the net has to be accounted so the gross will always have a minimum 0.8% separation from the net. Maybe I still don’t get something here but in simple words I understand is that if an obstacle protrudes the net, then the net is elevated. Add 0.8% to that and you have the new gross gradient