PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2021, 21:22
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks to CrewLounge PilotLog I’ve reverted to pen and paper.
I use an Excel Spreadsheet to keep a record which I eventually transfer to my permanent Logbook.

I’ll never use LogTen Pro because, to me, no digital Logbook is worth the amount you’d pay in Sub fees over a career.

Logbooks aren’t complicated, and MccPilotLog was a fantastic piece of software with a one time purchase cost. When I first started using it some 10 years ago (give or take) I had a few issues with hours printing in the wrong columns of my Countries format. They were actually able to understand the problems and subsequently resolve them in a timely manner.

CrewLounge Support is non-existent. Multiple emails back and forward with them (over weeks, even months at their reply rate) got my no where… and that was just trying to resolve the same format issues that had been resolved previously in MCC!
The list of issues I have with PilotLog are extensive, and echo what previous posters have already mentioned.

My import of MCC data had many issues with remarks/comments. As my MCC Logbook had been printed (and backed up in PDF format), I started a new Logbook in PilotLog utilising the past experience function.

My Current Airline roster imports fine, but any attempt to import historic data (to get actual flight times and Aircraft rego’s) just downloads my current roster from the current date forward. So I input that data manually.

But the deal breaker, is I cannot print to my local format (required) as it places hours in the wrong columns for certain tasks.

2 years of support tickets and nothing.

I should of demanded a refund immediately, but instead, gave them the time they so desperately asked for to resolve the bugs. They’d resolved my issues with MCC so surely they can do it again right? Might just take a while longer due to the migration process. Sucker.

While some users claim to have had no issue with this Software, can you really trust a company who can’t (won’t) get a number to print one column to the right in 2 years?

While I hear good things about LogTen, they too could end up as another MCCPilotLog in due course, and how much are they costing you per year?
It seems to be all too common theses days. Companies get greedy and simply “re-brand” to extract more cash through premium features which were included in the original version.