PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2021, 22:46
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed but the flights to BOU are to say the least, adhoc with hours and sometimes even days between movements.

But the labour to service said freight seems to miraculously appear when needed, Bournemouth it seems can produce rabbits from a hat when so required !

Whilst I'm absolutely appreciative of the comments made re staff problems at Manchester, I'm slightly perplexed that an airport in Dorset which is perhaps more famous for it's propensity of care homes and one time resident Max Bygraves, is able to summon up assets albeit on zero hours contracts at rapid notice, whilst Manchester, at the beating heart of the industrial North and the epicentre of the Northern supply chain, with access to a regional talent pool perhaps 50x greater than Bournemouth appears moribund.

I'll be honest given the dire straits of the industry I would see this as an opportunity rather than a hindrance.

I would take a contrary view and say MAN should grasp every opportunity and every lifeline it can possibly get given the absolute dire financial circumstances we find ourselves in.

Another question, would our incumbent CEO Ms Smart even be aware of this development or is this strictly a negotiation between handler and airline. Are we suggesting that MAG MAN has effectively been bypassed and is totally unaware of this approach with no right of redress?

On that basis the fortunes of the airport are effectively governed by the effectivness of the handler. Is that not the case of the tale wagging a very big dog ?

Last edited by Navpi; 21st Dec 2021 at 07:39.