PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blank piece of paper - LPC/OPC from today
Old 20th Dec 2021, 03:13
BoeingDriver99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always take advantage of a few spare minutes at the end of any session but make clear with the examiner/instructor that a) the session as required is over and b) this is now free flight. If (and no-one ever has) say it's still monitored then I'd pass and think very poorly of such an attitude.

I think the issue with the sim/'training' is that the point is now ticking boxes and filling in forms and getting back on the line. The point is not to actually train or learn anything despite what training departments might pretend to be is the case. For example if you learned a lot but didn't have time to complete every manoeuvre outlined in the profile you would come out of it a better pilot but you would have failed to complete the task according to the regulator/training dept. However if you bashed through the items, passed everything with no learning whatsoever then you'd be the same pilot as before but have successfully completed your LPC/OPC. A bit of cart before the horse methinks.

It's a shame because it's all a very expensive and time-consuming process for everyone involved.