PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blank piece of paper - LPC/OPC from today
Old 18th Dec 2021, 18:09
FullWings

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For a while during the worst part of the pandemic we did line checks in the sim for some people. I didn’t have to do one but those who did said it was a weird experience just flying a 30min normal sector with no problems (well, no problems that weren’t of their own making!)

As far as the OP’s question, I think where we’re going with ATQP/EBT is a good start. Also, IMO, just more training would help; I needed several recency sims this year as the work was a bit sporadic and there were a lot of heavy trips because of eFTLs that left you out of landing recency. To be honest, I’ve never felt more confident in LH about aircraft handling, EFATOs, etc. as I do at the moment, simply because I asked to do a lot of nasty failures, visual circuits, limiting crosswinds and the like while I was in the box for my three T/Os and landings. I think we train to the bare minimum normally due to cost constraints and it’s nice to to do several of something to know you’ve cracked it as opposed to fluking it once, the instructor going “Great! Next!” and you thinking it actually wasn’t all that great.

As to the syllabus I would suggest for a blue-sky regime, I’m not sure. Some of the biggest issues at the moment are detailed in iggy’s post second from the top which are either present or not present, but not easily simulated. Our Flight Management and Training are trying to look forward at the moment and admit that it’s the unknown unknowns which are likely going to be the source of significant problems in the future. The last two years prove that.