PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delay due to Operational Reasons
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2021, 07:17
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Hi all

Could I gently nudge this thread back towards my original question, namely how pax can get better info when something goes wrong besides the cliché of "operational reasons" ?
Many of you have your own war stories, but some people have less time than others to read everything, and maybe best if everyone tries to stick to the subject of the thread ? On a radio, everyone likes a strong signal:noise ratio.
It's certainly possible to have a general war-story discussion... but maybe best to have its own separate thread
The war stories were rolled out to hopefully illustrate that the gate staff often know no more than the passengers and also why for most passenger giving fully accurate “better” information using technical terms is often completely pointless and in some circumstances actually unhelpful.

So to help your bid to get this back on thread in the case of the flight control problem I rambled on about upthread can I ask you do you really think the average passenger would have any better informed/better placed if I had simply made a PA saying “we are not departing on schedule because of a FLT CTRL SYS status message”?

If you chased an airline post a cancelled flight for “better” info, for whatever reason, and got told the reason was a Fuel Spar Valve message on start up again, would that actually leave you any better informed?

What level of information are you actually asking for or expecting?

Last edited by wiggy; 18th Dec 2021 at 11:05.