PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another Fatal Wirestrike
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2021, 16:18
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
As with so many accidents, we will never know...*can* never know how a pilot that people referred to as "the king of safety" ended up in such a situation. There is no logical explanation for it - and it makes no sense at all. If we look back at accidents that have occurred, we are often inclined to scratch our heads and go, "...How...?" How many other "kings of safety" have we known who've come to their premature demise in an unexplainable pilot-error accident?

In the end, all we can say is that the 407 pilot was human and we humans are prone to making mistakes, and sometimes those mistakes kill us. Fate? Wrong place/wrong time? Just unlucky? Who knows. Have I made such mistakes? Oh yeah! More times than I can count, if I'm being honest. Looking back...I mean...there must be a kind and generous God somewhere for me to still be alive. And I'm not just talking about flying; I ride motorcycles too and over the years have had some *extremely* close calls. Who's to say who lives and who dies? It's sad when things like this happen. All we can do is redouble our resolve to not deliberately put ourselves in situations like that in the future...and then hope we can stick to it.