PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pudniks and CASA [2021/5950]
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2021, 21:15
skinduptruk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Nah. The ‘jurisdiction question’ is whether the AAT has any jurisdiction. The answer to that question depends on whether CASA has made a reviewable decision. I’ll bet London to a brick that the answer to that question is: No.
why did the AAT ask to see my P149 paperwork then? ;)

I’ll bet Cairns to a coconut that the answer to that question is: Yes!

PS. you wrote CASA can hold and use any evidence aka dirt file against people at will. yet Repacholi won.

you wrote CASA can do the fit and proper test at will. yet ASQA was shown to overstep some (reasonable) mark.

you wrote CASA can play the “no reviewable decision” card. CASA claimed with FRMS not to affect pilots, only the standards by which they are judged. in fact, CASA did that for me already, claiming that 1 year of their stalling is still not technically a decision to reject the P149 paperwork lol. yet FRMS + Repacholi shows AAT does have jurisdiction over both CASA decisions and their general conduct incl their inane bureaucratic games on the taxpayers’ dollar.

when i figure out how to upload Paul Phelan’s report, it will illuminate the broader context of CASA’s adversarial approach to air safety in Aus. the irony being, safety is not maximised as a result.