PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly at the table of levels, VFR at 3000FT or more
Old 15th Dec 2021, 11:17
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sure Capt, because I have been to enough CASA/ASA /ATSB seminars over the years (40 odd) to come to that conclusion. Many of the speakers when you actually get the chance to enquire of their background experience etc you find they fall into one of those categories. Most (but not all ) have forgotten what GA flying was all about, and how different single pilot ops down in the weather is to their life or (past life) flying in controlled airspace on set routes, with load sheets ,fuel calcs etc all done for them.
They then have the gall to lecture the rest of us how we should be doing things. There are some very good men at the said named organisations but from my observation most of them give it away after a few years disillusioned with the meaningless rule changes, and crap they too have to try and sell.
I'm old enough to remember the flight plan form that came out in red with yellow paper that became invisible at night ! Don't they ever road test anything. Enough said or this thread will drift off into other appalling decisions/outcomes.