PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - That’s Amore
Thread: That’s Amore
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2021, 08:10
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Maggie Island
The future QF route map hinges on the Emperor sticking to the 5 Feb date that has been set. If he reneges and dives head first into the sand again all bets are off
Yes it does.

I do have a bit of quiet confidence he’ll stick to it however. He’s had two chances recently to delay the opening beyond Feb 5. He could’ve included 5-11 year olds in the vax target to stretch it out a few months as the AMA WA chief was calling for. But he didn’t. He could’ve also used Omicron and the pleas from some hardline epidemiologists to delay the reopening until at least a high percentage of elderly had gotten a booster. But he didn’t

There’s two opportunities to delay reopen that were served to him on a platter that he’s failed to take. Especially the one about kids. I personally expected him, when the TGA approved the 5-11 vaccines, for him to announce “I will stop at NOTHING to keep WA’s children SAFE!!! The late Jan/early Feb time is out the window, and there will be NO reopening until ALL WA kids have been vaccinated!!”

But no change to the timetable. So although it may change between now and then I’m fairly confident Feb 5 will be it.