PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delay due to Operational Reasons
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2021, 21:30
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by redsnail
If it's a technical issue, it's either a quick fix or it'll take hours/days. The thing is, you don't know until the engineers open up panels etc.
De icing can also create delays down the line. You just don't know when the aircraft will leave, hence the top tip of using FR24 is a good one.
Interesting - I was sitting in the BA Lounge at Boston last Wednesday evening, waiting for my flight back to UK after a month in the US and, as Redsnail suggests, watched the incoming flight on FR24 some 30 minutes adrift. After the doors closed on my flight, we pushed back and underwent deicing, allegedly the first flight of the winter to do so hence it perhaps inevitably took longer than expected. However, although we then took off 73 minutes late we arrived at Heathrow nine minutes early with a flight time of only five hours nine minutes after a very bumpy ride and a strong tailwind!

Incidentally, noted both that Rapid PCR Tests are available at Boston Terminal E Arrivals - albeit at $250! - and that the BA Arrivals Lounge at T5 is currently closed following last week's change in the rules.

Jack