PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Sim partner
Thread: Bad Sim partner
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2021, 17:07
twinotterifr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Sim partner

Just abit of a vent here, wanted to know the experience from other people, but how do you deal with bad/unprepared sim partners.

Twice now ive been on two sim courses, and twice ive had bad partners. Both were unprepared and were generally below average in terms of basic knowledge and i'm always left with having to invest more resource and mental capacity to deal with their incompetence. Even during flight i've literally had to manage both roles because i cannot rely on my sim partner who has proven to be behind the module and SOPs. Furthermore in both occasions, i had to step it up and even had to dedicate time to teach them and study after the sessions because i know for a fact that they would be completely lost without any guidance. its a shame as well because despite the course being individually graded, the sectors flown would still be a disaster if the other person is not up to par and would just make the overall session look bad. Im just tired of it, even the other group of the same course are both prepared but of course it is my luck to be paired with the incompetent one. Im just sick of having to carry and babysit the other person when i could be using my time to better polish and finesse my skills. Drives my head in especially when my partner messes up a particular manoeuvre and i would ace it, but during the debriefing, instructor would suggest both to improve even-though my grade for it is high. Hate doing multi-crew with idiots. Can only hope i would for once get someone to carry me should type rating come but not counting on it.