PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing pilot involved in Max testing is indicted in Texas
Old 12th Dec 2021, 00:39
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
fdr

Expecting the criminal defense attorney for the former chief technical pilot to plan, initiate and complete a factual investigation which would go beyond and go deeper than the investigations already conducted probably is unrealistic.
I admit that assuming that justice is a synonym of legal process is optimistic at best, naiive at worst. However, the accused party will plead a response to the charges, and will quite likely mitigate his culpability to be that of a minor cog, the Nuremberg defense. I would expect that he holds a wealth of information on who else and why. The choice of a fraud charge and by process, wire fraud is curious, it would appear to minimize the potential for the defendant to expand the pool or responsibility, except for the 3rd element of the charge, where I would expect revelations to be made. Simply, if this was me, I would be making a defence that the "US v.." was not expected to rely on the lonely information of the cog sitting at the defence table (english translation: "standing in the dock",UK can't afford seats, before and certainly after Brexit; at least the "bring in the guilty party" in the US FC will have a seat for a while... ) it was expected to rely on the information from all parties that had responsibility for the "feature". You can blame the lone gunman in the repository window, "he was a rogue, an exception..." but when the whole stinking mess comes out, then it looks more like the system shares responsibility for the consequences of the management's actions and failures to act.

Had the charge been an 18USC §1001 matter, then the accused may not have need for a defence that mitigates his alleged culpability.

If the tent pole is not pulled down on this circus, it will certainly happen again, just ask NASA.

Does anyone believe that the accused decided to write emails "and do the other things... and the others [things] too ...."#, matters he is accused of to get better parking at Renton? For self-interest? That is not itself a defence for the charge, but it will weigh on the mitigation and whether free board and lodging for 100 years ensue at one end of the spectrum, or whether the accused gets his parking validated.

# JFK, MLK were orators, today, we have... Trump, Johnson, Deven's Cow... but at least we have gained memes.