PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regulator management of the CASR's
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2021, 14:06
Mr Proach

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Regulator management of the CASR's

I believe most will agree that reading and comprehending the parts of the CASRs is an extremely laborious exercise. For all intent and proposes, the format for Aviators has low intrinsic value. In my opinion, the current format should be reserved for the legal fraternity however, for the majority of end users an interactive digital platform would be far easier, efficient and effective to use than wading through scrolls of complex, convoluted legal script.
This is the concept, the user accesses a CASA Website or Application, performs a topic search (via a choice of methods), the APP/Program generates a multitude of YES/NO questions which ultimately provides the answer. Expressing it in another way, a program that converts all the parts of the CASRs into a series of digital flow charts. As I understand, programs are based on rules so I don't think it would be very difficult to convert the CASR's into software code. Given the sophistication of programming tools and tools like AI, it probably isn't that difficult or time consuming to achieve (for an organisation that has the resources of CASA)
Worthy or unworthy idea (just post a Yes or a No)? Do you have any IT knowledge to explain why such a concept would or wouldn't be workable?