PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK F-35B Lost
Thread: UK F-35B Lost
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2021, 01:34
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LateArmLive
Ooh, I do love a good quiz. I'm basing my opinion of your "absolute speculation" on actually knowing the ins and outs of the accident. You, however, have no knowledge to state there was a FADEC problem.
As for my knowledge of FADECs, it's purely from an operators experience. I think you might need to accept you know very little about the F35 engine and this accident. Maybe even stop making incredible claims, even if this is a Rumour Network.
Most people on here flew gas turbines with HMUs with no high end IEC protection or FADEC. Did you? I am not 60 years old yet. Operators are not engineers. When it goes wrong, do you have a clue? No. You put Inop in the tech log / F707A and expect me to work out the snag with mimimal info.. The F135 engiine on this F35B sucked a major FOD item into its P2 point at an entry speed of 0.5 Mach. Basic gas turbine theory taught in the RAF and module 15 of the B1 theory exams. Expect carnage. 300 type courses mean nothing if you cannot remember the basics. So end the lesson.

Last edited by Cat Techie; 10th Dec 2021 at 01:52.