PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair Pilot Academy
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2021, 10:05
Igor2909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Officer33,

I can suggest to postpone your willingness to listen to the radio. It’s matter of training, you will learn it in flight school and on type rating later on. It’s quite difficult to understand from the radio at the beginning, especially when you have no clue what are they talking about. However when you got familiar with aviation, procedures etc. you are more or less trained for what to expect from the radio message you are listening to and you can interpret accordingly and much easier.

However if you are not still convinced or just by curiosity, I would suggest to check LiveATC website, you can listen to the conversations in live. However if you want something with subtitles and maybe some interesting stories from aviation radio communication, I can suggest the youtube channel VASAviation.

P.S. I recommend to use headphones

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Officer33
Hi, guys! My assessment is at the end of this month. Since the situation from the application to the assessment unraveled quite rapidly, I had to acquire tons of information over a very short period of time. Perhaps the most difficult for me was to revive my Physics knowledge, since I learned it for the last time 10 years ago in German, which is not my native language and now I have to do it in English.. But aside from that. Do You have any tips on how to improve my skills in listening to the radio? I have bought few prep packages - SkyTest, Pilotassessment for WizzAir (incl. Cadets), JobTestprep.co.uk and the listening-comprehension tests trouble me the most. I manage to understand only partly some phrases and codes and usually my results are below 50% Thanks in advance!