PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2021, 10:28
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sincerely hope FEAM are still involved although i was told by an employee who works at Amazon next door, that the Hut Group actually now fully own both hangars, Air Livery and Thomas Cook.

This would tie in with a proposal 12 months back that THG would set up their own freight operation with two chartered 747s and fly their own products in from the Far East, but presumably this fell foul of Covid, and the persuasive skills of MAG not to entertain pure cargo flights although i assume if it's an in house operation THG would set everything up themselves, assuming they were then allowed apron space ?

Was there not another project by MAG to turn Air Livery into high end covered premium car parking or did that pre date THG ?

There have also been rumours of a major engineering company creating hundreds of good quality engineering positions and apprenticeships, that has also come to nought.

Did they go elsewhere ?

Either way if indeed THG do own the hangers it is an extensive piece of infastructure which is sat empty?
Could there not be a meeting of minds given Manchester is one of the few major airports in Europe with no hangar or major engineering facility re engine swaps etc ?