PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement
Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2021, 02:52
srjumbo747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retirement

In the vain hope that the Moderators do not delete or move this post and in the hope that those who are retiring will think about it, here’s my thoughts as a middle aged, average pilot.

In the last few months my company has had a few senior guys retiring and they’ve gone with nothing said.

They have remained flying throughout the pandemic, being at the top of the seniority list, whilst others have lost their jobs. They could have retired but didn’t.

Their own conscience will have to deal with this for years to come as they, in their 40’s, thought they were retiring at 60 so they’ve had an extra five years.

My main point is that they have left without a word!

In most companies there is a ‘public’ forum for staff and there are other ‘outlets’ available yet these retirees are leaving without a word being spoken about how terrible the job has become in a short space of time.

I hope this post sparks a lively debate because the current retirees have really enjoyed their careers and are now leaving to let the younger guys get on with it.

Selfish? Hopefully the moderators will let you decide.

If you had put it in the most suitable Forum to start with, there would have been no need to move this thread.

But you didn't, and I have 🙈

Senior Pilot

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 9th Dec 2021 at 00:44. Reason: Thread moved from R+N