PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inquest - Corporal Jonathan Bayliss RAF
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2021, 15:38
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Falcon900

Originally Posted by falcon900
Have I missed it, or has the media response to the MoD admitting it has lied / misled assorted coroners been subdued at best? I realise they are very busy with No 10 Christmas parties past and present, but admissions such as this are very rare, and have huge import.
No, I'm afraid you didn't miss anything. More or less complete silence, especially from the broadsheets. Even the local media in NW Wales pulled the plug.

It is perhaps worth noting that during the Sean Cunningham case in 2018, MoD demanded that the BBC confirm its (inconveniently accurate) line of inquiry would be dropped. They also demanded that a BBC journalist hand over all her notes on the case. The first was satisfied by senior management simply taking journalists off the story, but to her credit the young journalist refused to hand over her notes.

Which is a pity in a way. That was the day an MoD witness blurted out that safety cases are unrelated to airworthiness. The journalist's notes would have taught him a few things.