PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2021, 13:11
Flaperon777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronand
Stay away from Qatar at all costs if you currently have a job. Don't make the mistake I made.
Myself and many others have been offered a position with Qatar just before covid. I resigned from my previous Airline, sold my car, gave up my apartment. Then my starting date was cancelled a week before start. Now they decided to prefer Typerated and current on type guys, and not to call all those pilots back that have resigned from their jobs to join Qatar pre covid, I even know many typerated guys who can't reapply to Qatar now because they resigned precovid to join qatar, and now dont fullfill their 12 month currency requirement. It is really unbelievable how many careers and lives Qatar airways has destroyed. .. After more than1 year of unemployment and huge financial losses I was lucky to get a job again for a big Cargo company. But most Pilots who resigend back then are still unemployed. And Qatar Airways simply stopped replying to their emails, and is hiring now people with 12 month currency on type.
This company has 0 respect or loyality to any of their employees, so if you are thinking of resigning from your job to join them, let this be a warning to you!
I have been made to believe that this 12 month actual flight currency is negotiable. Don’t know to what extent however.