PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Is - Holiday he'll never forget
Old 6th Dec 2021, 07:48
wombat watcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rob_ginger
OK, so my brother in law is sitting on Christmas Island, his return flight has been cancelled, and he's wondering which of the many transport options (plane, ship, train, swimming, matter transport machine, fax, etc) he can use to get back home to Perth - and he gets this message from Virgin:

"We're sorry that we've had to make some adjustments to our network due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 and subdued customer demand for travel.Unfortunately, your upcoming flight/s has been cancelled, and we have been unable to accommodate you on an alternative service.If you would like to rebook to another destination on our network, please see our current domestic schedule here. To make a booking, please call our Guest Contact Centre on 13 67 89 (if calling from within Australia) or +61 7 3295 2296 (if calling from outside Australia).

Alternatively, you can contact the Guest Contact Centre to request either a travel credit or a refund to your original form of payment. Your entitlement will depend on when you made your booking and how you paid for your booking."

Ya couldn't make this stuff up!
Well,
as much as your brother in law has my sympathies,
I think he was ultra brave to embark on such an alternative holiday in all of the circumstances considered.
He could always charter a flight to come out to Christmas Island to pick him up but I suppose it is Virgins problem and he will wait for the next decade for them to solve his problem, Covid and McGowan permitting.