PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GT knows where MH370 is.
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2021, 19:11
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
As I read the BBC article Mr Godfrey is bringing together a number of different data sources, including the contentious WSPR approach, in order to see if a concerted multi-disciplinary review is able to provide any (new) resultant location detail.

I'd be surprised if this hadn't been done before by those involved in the searches, perhaps sans WSPR. To me it seems a reasonably logical and scientific methodology, and something that should be de rigueur in such situations. If the various sources of data have not been previously collated and assessed then that's pretty poor, and those involved in this later work deserve approbation.

However, if what's being done by Mr Godfrey and team is to simply try and 'fit' WSPR data into an existing framework I'd be somewhat less congratulatory. While I have no particular axe to grind on WSPR, and remain open to new research on this phenomena, I don't know that this work is deserving of report at this stage. Should there eventually be a robust and peer-reviewable defensible scientific thesis on the use of WSPR with particular regard to this event that might be worthy of news, but at this point it all seems rather vapour like to me.

FP.