PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot held on Drink allegations
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2003, 00:40
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMM..Interesting points Flying lawyer.

Some of which are well made.

My analogy with a Taxi driver who had been drinking was used to make the author of the comment think what he would do in similar circumstances, rather than to jump to the conculution the guard was wrong.

It seems to me grossly unfair to slate a security guard for doing what in the UK should have been a Public duty ( If my recollection of Judges Rules is correct, albeit they have been replaced by PACE, 'Every Citizen has a Duty to Assist Police).

Of course had he not done anything, and it later come to light he had not reported anything, I wonder what the reaction of everyone would have been?

I agree with many of your other points regarding the way this has been treated, and especialy the non granting of bail. But then perhaps you and I are viewing that with regard to the UK system which sometimes goes to the other extreem, which is of course a different argument.

Idonno...

I may have missed your point, but it seems to me you are saying that your mythical person has been convicted on the evidence of the security guard and nothing else. I think you will find that there is a bit more required before anyone is sacked and definatly before any court would convict.
By the way, tic tacs, polos or any other mints arn't very good at hiding the smell of drink!