PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2021, 13:01
OSTRIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richmixture
EatMyShorts & Happyjack, you make valid points. But they are not valid in all cases, as personal reasons are important.

My background: 46 years, been flying full time for 25 years, more hours than I can count, left seat and current on B777 in flag carrier airline, technical pilot, instructor, examiner, no ****-ups of any kind. I was rejected after the online interview despite really wanting the NJ job.

I am certain that I performed well in all stages of the NJ assessment and the interview as well, I was humble and honest, and gave a number of reasons why I (truly) wanted the job: mainly family and relocation, I don’t care about the money, which is a fraction in Fraction (!) - nor about being in the right seat. But it seems this is not what they are looking for, which is truly a shame. Their assumption that experienced guys with an airline background will leave again to look for something better, or will have CRM problems with NJ Captains that have a fraction of the experience, is certainly wrong. Ah well, their loss.
The fact that with such an experience you ''complain'' like a '''school boy''' shows that you are not a good fit ....Maybe its an attitude issue not technical nor skills ....

Soft skills are also important and they are not teachable or transferable in contrast with the technical knowledge or stick and rudder skills...

If you really want the job apply again when the industry recovers fully...

Last edited by OSTRIA; 4th Dec 2021 at 13:15.