PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accused Pilot
Thread: Accused Pilot
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2021, 22:57
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
The last vestige of privacy was access to iPhone internal storage, which Aus agencies have access to now, everything else that goes through a public router can be traced, picked at and decrypted. Which is why large corps don't have public networks and run segregated systems. Unless your encryption is this years military then its not even close to 100% secure. Basically the main security we all have using the net is sheer numbers and rate of return for the act. That is, phishing and confidence scams are still the easiest that anyone can get involved in. Hacking is rarely a problem for an individual, you usually hacked yourself by downloading and activating something or giving your details freely to a phishing scam. Same in gaming, hacking is rare, use of third party cheats is common. Someone with the skill to actually hack a system, break into and decrypt information is very rare, so they tend to stick to things of very high reward. Or just selling simple third parties for others and stay off government radars. Same with authorities, they either don't have the resources or don't have probable cause to be checking everyone in Australia for breaches in law, instead they wait for suspicious activity and then focus on that. So you can easily get away with using a VPN to access Netflix, watch the Grand finals etc, that doesn't mean they are fool proof for your anonymity, just means its too low key and intensive to chase everyone down doing it. They are more likely waiting to trip up Russian or Chinese hackers for political reasons. I had someone try to get into one of my secure emails a few weeks back, first IP was from west coast USA, then it switched to Eastern Europe and then the last three attempts from an IP in Russia. All at similar intervals indicating the same source. I'm not sure if it was US based trying to cover up using Eastern Europe routing or Eastern Europe based that tried to cover using US routing first, who knows, don't care, they failed.

PS I piss off people all over the world for my comments on various topics, some get angry.