PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying goes paperless for Christmas
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2021, 22:36
43Inches

Received 425 Likes on 233 Posts
My whole point is a simplified PPL for the weekender so more can enjoy flying on a weekend or for a holiday. So making the conditions more restrictive is favorable to forcing someone to train for a myriad of situations they can avoid with simple distancing. I don't have to train to handle skids and recover from aquaplaning on the road as long as I know to avoid the situation, so far in 30 years of driving I have not lost control on the road by driving within the rules and limits of the vehicle, slowing down of wet roads and being aware of where black ice can exist, flying is no different. And as per Southern Victoria having issues with cloud below 2000ft, I live here, have trained pilots for years out of Moorabbin and surrounds, hundreds of navigation exercises where maintaining 2000ft clearance was easy. Down to the Prom, Lakes Entrance or out west to Warrnambool Ballarat, Stawell or even Portland. Most days you could easily maintain 3000ft clearances and cruise around VFR at 3500-7500 without much issue. Want to fly to Tocumwal/Cobram for a round of golf, just make sure the gap is clear and go, 2000ft clearance is not that hard (by clearance I mean minimum of height of cloud above ground, not distance from the aircraft). If you want more all weather flying get a full medical and an IFR rating.