PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 2nd Dec 2021, 15:06
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I prefer actual earning, to earning potenial. I am not a double glazing salesman who’s wages are often touted as On Target Earnings, incredible potential and the such.

My basic now is 59k. A jet 2 senior FO basic is 72k. Even if you throw in the allowance, which cannot be classed as wages as its there to be spent on stuff like LoL, car park, food, medicals etc, its still less than a J2 FO!

Their latest trick is to actually deduct the allowance when you are sick, they will stop at nothing to save a few pennies.

Someone did a calculation that at ryr a capt must fly about 50hours to earn what a J2 capt earns staying in bed all month.

So I definitely prefer actual earnings, to potential earnings.

I tried to pay my mortgage with potenial, and the bank manager just would no accept it.

And in 4 more years when the agreement is over, my salary is worth a lot less than it was 4 years before that due to inflation, and for the remainder of my career, as ryr will revert to type of a tiny 1k pay rise if you are lucky. So that “potential” is less and less each year.

Potentially I might win the lottery, I cannot count that as money in the bank.