PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 2nd Dec 2021, 12:57
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was “lucky” in that my university fees were only £1050 a year. As opposed to what they are now. Through no fault of kids nowadays apart from they have been born in the wrong year.

It breaks my heart to see what is happening to society. This is not normal nor right that a company that a normal year makes 1B in profit forces all risk on to staff and refuses to invest in their colleagues, apart from 100m investment in the gaffer.

They have spent billions in the past enriching themselves via share buybacks, yet continually slash pay. There was enough free cash in the bank to pay staff wages for 4 years if not a single revenue flight took place (look at the annual report) yet they chose to throw staff on to the streets during a pandemic. Many staff even got paid no sick pay if they caught covid!

In fact, its worse, the cadets are paying their own wages for that initial contract from paying double the market rate for a 737 rating. Remember the Ryanair Twist I spoke about earlier, here is your first twist.

All I am doing is trying to keep people informed of the reality.

Sometimes the truth is painful.

Last edited by UAV689; 2nd Dec 2021 at 13:09.