PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 119. So Rewarding
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2021, 09:19
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
Yet tomorrow I could go out and buy a used Mercedes sprinter 12 seater with 400,000 km on the clock and no maintenance history 4 tons GW. Drive me and my mates to the snow on a basic drivers licence on winding alpine roads cost sharing. I could drive the same vehicle picking up me and the mates kids from school, if I was to become incapacitated and crash I could wipe out the 12 on board plus whoever I hit, explode and burn down a baby milk factory which spreads to several packed daycare facilities and a home for lost kittens. Yet they give so many dams about whether I can fly a light aircraft around outback Australia safely, where my statistical chance of hitting anything of value is almost nil. Even all the accidents that have happened to fall on suburban streets and back yards have proved that light aircraft have to fall on your head to kill you on the ground. So first the plane has to have a catastrophic failure or collision that it falls down, then you have to be precisely under it when it falls. Where as you are not worried about the the tens of thousands of cars and trucks that pass by while you walk down the street, that have a regular habit of leaving said pavements and hitting trees, pedestrians and other things costing us millions of $ in medical bills and payouts each year, or even day.