PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2021, 06:50
SWBKCB

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
THE online retailer, Amazon could open a logistics site at Teesside Airport as talks between the retailer and bosses have been taking place, The Northern Echo understands.The huge retailer, which has three Fulfilment Centres in the region, could open a distribution centre to help receive and send parcels from other countries, creating hundreds of jobs. Sources close to both Amazon and the airport said talks between the two parties had begun last month with a potential site to be built on the new southside development.
Quote from the Mayor

He said: “I’ve made no secret of the fact that I want Teesside Airport to be the number one centre for cargo and freight in the north of England, this will not happen overnight, but we have the vision and drive to make it a reality. As part of this plan we will soon be launching our new freight handling facility. As you would expect, we’re pulling out all the stops to bring investment and jobs to the airport site and I can confirm we are in discussions with a global household name who is looking to make a significant investment on the airport site to expand their freight operations in the region, something that will create thousands of good-quality well-paid jobs for local workers across Teesside, Darlington and Hartlepool.”
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...sside-airport/