PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot held on Drink allegations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2003, 23:16
BillHicksRules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all,

Several points have struck me from the last 7 pages.

1) What is the problem with pilots becoming alcohol free during the working week or even better at all times? I am greatly concerned by the seeming need of many on here to have a drink during their downtime. The seeming inability to “relax” without an alcoholic beverage smacks of institutional alcoholism.
2) If pilots want an easy way to regain the respect of the public that they crave I have a simple way to achieve it. Make an announcement that all their pilots will be required to refrain from alcohol. Have the airlines and the unions appear on the same podium at the press conference.
3) Maybe the time for pilot self regulation has come to an end. The technology they are talking about introducing in cars that requires a breath test before the engine immobiliser is released would be easily applied to airliners.

Fireflybob,

If, as you say, you read no newspapers and refuse to catch TV or radio news programmes how do have any clue as to what is going on in the world? As good as it is Pprune is not a suitable substitute.

Cheers

BHR