PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work starts on new self-declared medical - The CASA Briefing
Old 1st Dec 2021, 22:33
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
PPL privileges only. UK airspace, VFR Day only. Max 4 seats. 2000kgs. max weight.
I agree with it's simple, but I don't like the 'seat' limits. Make it a passenger limit fine, but you would be safer flying a 6 seater with 4 on board than a 4 seater maxed out with pax and bags. What does it matter if its a 6 seater with 4 on board under 2 ton, just means you can fly a lance, or saratoga or bonanza. The US rules are better as it does allow more six seat twins with the higher MTOW and up to 5 passengers for similar requirements. We have to remember there are a few heavy foru seaters out there with significant performance with Cirrus types, so what is the real difference between flying an SR-22 and a PA-32. SR-22 and PA-32R have the same MTOW. The SR-22 is much faster, has a higher stall speed (approach speed) and higher basic weight, why would I be limited to an SR-22 just because of seats there is no valid safety reason here....

Last edited by 43Inches; 1st Dec 2021 at 22:47.