PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at the top??
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2021, 12:05
anson harris

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Once the system has resolved the problems of infrastructure and the basics of hot water and heating referred to above
I think those issues have been going on for long enough (at least since I joined the Services in the 90's) that we can probably accept that they are never going to be fixed. In the meantime, should we put on hold all progress towards a, for want of a better word, sustainable Armed Forces? And by that I mean a service that might actually exist in 30 years? Because given the Government's latest double talk about the latest personnel reductions/capability improvements (take your pick according to your newspaper of choice), I have a sneaking suspicion that the Armed Forces are going to struggle to attract any applicants at all before too long. Given the continued demand to outsource everything to Capita, I'm not particularly hopeful for positive change, Maybe, for once, an essentially cost free measure like this, which seeks to include all, might not be such a bad thing? Whether we like it or not, the Armed Forces need to adapt and move forward if they are to survive.