PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot held on Drink allegations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2003, 22:21
miss d point

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think something should be done pronto about this let's face it - confusion-
yes,yes,yes we all know the legal limit is a quarter of the drink driving limit etc,etc,etc - what the **** is that ? do i have a beer or two the night before a flight, at least if it was the old 8 hrs before report that was it, now we have this situation where it's a free for all to 'bag a pilot', maybe we should all go through security and accuse someone of not doing their jobs correctly- maybe been drinking ? or even just plain drunk ? and insist on a test.

Don't mean to single out security but this just stinks, we are a self govening profesion- my peers sign my licence - my collegues on the flight deck check my performance - we make decisions every working day - we have always been trusted to do our job to the best of our ability and that includes not breaking the rules on drinking - the powers that be should have seen this situation coming as soon as a numerical limit was applied, am i not to have a beer all through the summer ?
why was i supplied with a beef and ale pie as my hot meal the other day ?? - where do we stop ?

And final rant - do the french still have a glass of wine with their crew food ??