PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-11
Thread: Ryanair-11
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2021, 21:21
Sober Lark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RW20, The vast majority of my annual air travel is on Ryanair. WHO believes that travel restrictions are ineffective in most situations and that domestic measures to contain outbreaks (such as testing, isolating the sick and contract tracing or social distancing) are far more important. I'm triple vaccinated as of today and the leaflet I was handed prior to vaccination stated ' We have less information on the safety of the booster dose of COVID-19 Vaccine'. It's a risk I'm prepared to take for the common good, but today the Irish Gov (as in the UK) have stated I must get a professional PCR or Antigen test 72 hours before travel. All that proves is at the point the test was taken I was negative. So what happens in the 71 hours after that, I can go anywhere, do anything and just show them I was (past tense) negative. Its a farce. We have to learn to live with it and get on with our lives. The financial impact to the aviation industry has been huge and the opening of the skies has taken another blow. Before vaccine was available PCR was a requirement. Now I'm fully vaccinated PCR has become a requirement (you're effectively rewarding those who didn't take the risk of vaccination) and uncertainty has to be factored into my travel costs. Sure the aviation industry will have risk management in place that is creating opportunity, but don't deny me and others like me of my evolving needs for air travel by adding unnecessary blocks and costs to travel.