PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing pilot involved in Max testing is indicted in Texas
Old 30th Nov 2021, 13:39
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Killaroo, how right you are. The rise to the top of these organisations is generally fuelled by a sociopathic desire for attention and ambition. In the airline world this results in a motley group of greedy incompetents that in general were not actually very good at the piloting stuff who rise to the top. Without sounding too geriatric this was not really the case up to the late 90s when in fairness a few managers were capable at the day job, were genuine role models but now replaced by mainly money grabbing narcissists. The unacceptable face of capitalism I suppose. The Max story is horrendous and complicated. Boeing should hang their heads in shame. I was a humble airline pilot that first flew the 737 - 200 in 1979; it was essentially a C172 with jet engines, simple to fly and operate. Even I could see that the 737 series was at the end of the road with the NG and I was astonished when they cobbled together the Max. A tragic story.