PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 30th Nov 2021, 10:47
iome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online assesment, as many of you already wrote, latestpilotjobs.com is pretty similar as the real one. Though the Deductive, inductive and the ATPL questions was quite challenging for me. The deductive and inductive test is harder on the real test so prepare much on these. The reaction & and missile was easier than latestpilotjobs.com, video interview, same questions as on the website.

about a 2-3 weeks span of preparing before you actually go to Dublin. So you have plenty of time to prepare and make sure you really use this time to PREPARE.
latestpilotjobs.com has excellent technical and HR questions to prepare you, but i highly recommend to scroll back in this forum and study ALL potential questions you can get hold of.

The day began with a short company presentation followed by pairing us for the sim-assesment.
The instructor handed out the charts which was a basic SID out of Birmingham.
We had about 20minutes to talk and brief each other before we went into the simulator

I started as PF. Asked my PM to call for clearance and met-report. Clearance as expected, same SID as handed out before.
Tuned all the required frequencies, courses and F/D on.
Briefed my PM, be very short and just include the relevant stuff(frequencies, radial intercept, highest MSA, initial altitude)
Normal takeoff as in the profile, you will get acess to them after you confirm your interview spot.
Radial interception at a given distance, remember to look on your ND which shows your distance. It can come very quick so make sure you talk to your PM during the briefing so he can remind you that you are getting close to the distance.
Climb checklist, reached the initial altitude. Time for Airwork. 45deg steep turns all the way around, acceleration, decceleration, descent and climb at a given fpm (around 1000fpm).
Sim freeze, instructor asked my PM which entry we would do if we have to enter the published NDB-hold.

Cabin called, handed over my controls to my PM aswell as ”your radio” before talking to the cabin crew. Passenger collapsed on her way to the toilet, i asked if he could make an announcement and ask if there’s any doctors onboard, 10 seconds later he replied that the passenger looks dead. Still PM on the controls and i perfomed a DODAR NITS brief asking open questions to my PM to involve him in the decision making. PAN call and we we’re given the ILS at Birmingham, still raw data manual flight.
Short chart brief, ”my controls. I configured early (about 12nm out). Same here, know the profile by heart.
Approach went smooth and we landed.

Time for PM, same SID, airwork, my turn to answer which entry. Fire in the cabin. DODAR NITS, Mayday call, cleared for the ILS again.

Had about 20min break before my interview.
The interview started of with the technical part, the instructor noticed that i had a lot of simulator time in the 737 so he only asked questions about the 737. About 10 tech questions, fairly easy in my opinion, then 4-5 HR questions. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes.

Recieved an email 4 days later and i’m starting my type rating in a week.
Lots of useful information, it would be a shame not to re-post this