PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at the top??
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2021, 20:40
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LS8C1
Don't really know why people are getting so heated about this. Myself as a serving pilot in the military know I fly planes. Our new 'aviators' who support the mission know they don't fly planes. Someone who's in the flying branch must have a fair few insecurities if they're worried that those in ground roles have been given a title that may somehow make others think they get airborne as part of their job. As a qualified serving pilot you should have nothing to prove to anyone. Which does make me wonder who the majority of people commenting on this thread are.
Indeed, you are correct. Some like Rigga fly an office. They have not been in the military for eons. Others have been out of the military way longer that I have. I have been out of the service for half the time I was in, that was over a pension engagement. Majority of the people commenting are retired. Some of them I wager, were bullying juniors in their day as it was the done thing. I am woke to bullying. I would smash a bully in the face if I saw such happening now. Regardless of the court case facing myself. I do as an old boy, sorry an aircraft engineer, hate people using the word "Planes" to refer to aeronautical machines. Aeroplane (The English word), Airplane (FAA) or Aircraft. Not a Chippy or Astral Plane!