PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tearing my hair out over repeated bounce backs.
Old 29th Nov 2021, 10:46
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Tearing my hair out over repeated bounce backs.

I keep on receiving the following message even though my mail box (Outlook Express is nowhere near full. Have received similar messages for the past seven days .
Telstra techs advice me it is not a Telstra problem and is in the webmail system and to call a technician.
All I know for absolute certain is my mail box is not full and never has been full in all the years I have had a computer. The problem appeared a week ago. It seemed to originate when I sent an email with small attachment and included copy to my own email address. If I send the same emai to someone with same small attahment and do not include a copy to myself the problem seems not to always occur.,
: I have never emailed Emerites so I don't know they got my email address.
Other messages flooding my computer are basically same text apart from addresssee. I have had about 25 of them at last count. Something I send must trigger the problem? Really appreciate your thoughts.

This is what I receive:

A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded.The following is the reason that the message was over quota:

Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox

Quota Available: 5.3KB Total Quota: 10000000.0KB The following is the information on the message that was bounced:

Sender: "Emirates Skywards" <[email protected]>

Subject: Top 5 experiences to enjoy in Dubai on us

Size: 84138

Message ID: 15a2cdf4-5105-11ec-a44b-16c9ec321386

Date: Mon Nov 29 21:09:39 2021

Reply-To: "Emirates" <reply-160996-10_HTML-21959085-109597...emirates.email>

The message was bounced from the following folder:

INBOX

To fix this problem, delete some messages from your mailbox, and contact the sender to resend the message.

If the size of the message is too big, contact the sender to reduce the size of the message and resend the message.