PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low hour crewman jobs
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2021, 10:35
chcoffshore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jm9
Hi all, would appreciate any advice on this matter. I am a rotary crewman in the military looking into opportunities elsewhere. I've got a good number of competencies under my belt but low flying hours. Would love to go into SAR but looks like they're only taking on highly experienced crewmen. Does anyone have any recommendations where I should look for crewmen jobs with low hours? I've tried looking at the offshore side of things but haven't found much, perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. Electricity line Observer is one I've found that I may have a good chance at getting. I'm specifically looking for a practical crewman job - the more exciting flying the better - where I'll get good quality flying hours.

Cheers
I see by your location that there are a few options not knowing your qualifications; have a look at the companies servicing the wind farm industry. There are a few in the UK and obviously Europe. Jump in your car and go visit a few! Also O&G SAR or LimSAR seems to be gaining more traction in Africa finally. A few pointers............. good luck.