PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2021, 20:57
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Servo
Yet another great screw up by government and NSW health. Lets restrict movement to the country AFTER it has arrived in Australia. They dont care, they still continue getting paid, in fact it has secured them more time in their roles/positions.
I feel for you Servo, I genuinely do, but given this thing was only announced by SA on 24/11, nominated as a VOC on 26/11, and the Omicron positive cases in NSW arrived on 23rd November, I'm not sure how much quicker you realistically think any authorities could have acted.

As someone said yesterday, the only damage from this thing so far has been indirect - the knee jerk reactions of governments in attempting to buy some time. Anecdotal evidence is emerging from both SA and Israel that illness is mild in the vaccinated. Anti-virals in the pipeline will still work. There is some good news out there.

I know it's tough but try not to get sucked in by the doom merchants. Even Brett Sutton said yesterday that in no way are we back to square one. Hopefully governments will listen and borders will remain open.

All the best to you Servo. Take care of yourself.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 28th Nov 2021 at 21:54.