PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Training - Helicentre Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2021, 10:13
Nineteen84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say they are a very good option. You have a decent chance of getting work at the end if you get either an FI rating or IR with them. And you get to meet and hang out with other students who are on the same path - don't underestimate the importance of this. It's hard work and you'll have ups and downs.

I've spoken to a couple of students who went there and they had positive things to say.

I spoke to Helicentre when I was looking at a school to do my CPL and I felt they were overly salesy which put me off. You have to attend a pilot selection day, which you pay for, in order to be able to book onto the course. You get time in a Cabri for that so it's not a complete waste but if you get told no thanks at the end of it, and then go to another school which operates R22's then your Cabri time was a bit of a waste.

Because they are able to offer instructing work or entry to the North Sea if you train with them, you pay several hundred quid for the pilot selection day in order to be considered. But either way it's fair enough and who cares about a few hundred quid in the grand scheme of things.

I think they only use the Cabri for PPL/CPL training which is a great machine albeit more expensive than the R22 so if cost is a factor, then bear that in mind. They have a number of Cabri's so availability shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure of your current flying level, but if you're at the very beginning then consider their integrated course. It means you only do the one skills test, rather than two (one for the PPL and one for CPL). Plus you're on a tried and tested path to your CPL ticket, with useful well-organised hour building along the way.

Last edited by Nineteen84; 12th Feb 2022 at 20:40.