PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accused Pilot
Thread: Accused Pilot
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2021, 07:09
FLGOFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many would also say that Zaharie Shah of MH370 can be added to the list alongside Lubitz. There was a senior RCAF pilot who ended up being a serial killer as well, there's a detailed video showing the police interview on YouTube. Whilst you can have these types of people from any background or profession, it's easy to understand the shock factor of it all. I would argue that generally most killers do fit the "stereotype", however it's easy to name a list of those who don't because those ones naturally get more attention.

I agree with 43Inches. I think an employee in any field would be suspended under the circumstances. On the pay issue, for what it's worth, the Fair Work Act s.524-525 states..
An employer may stand down an employee during a period in which the employee cannot usefully be employed because of a number of circumstances including:
-A stoppage of work for any cause for which the employer cannot reasonably be held responsible.

If an employer stands down an employee during a period in accordance with s.524 of the Fair Work Act then the employer is not required to make payments to the employee for that period.

Section 524 is intended to relieve an employer of the obligation to pay wages to employees who cannot be usefully employed in certain limited circumstances.
However, the EBA may change that, I don't know. I know police who are being investigated are typically suspended with pay.