PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 26th Nov 2021, 05:46
Ladloy

Received 130 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by transition_alt
Gee you say a lot of bollocks and seem to “hear” a lot.

They’ve played this game before, they know what’s going on. The entire pandemic there has been pilot expressions of interest open. Do you really think no one has applied? If 2018 showed us anything, it’s how Rex can train pilots - and do it well!

You clearly work for Rex and aren’t very happy. If so, go accept your $5k and run. Just remember the grass isn’t greener.

I used to work there but have moved on. I cherished my time there, it was great. The people are what make it great. I'm still very close with a few pilots there and that's where I get my information from. All of my mates have no plans of leaving Rex.

The fact of the matter is they have hired a handful of pilots since covid, while more than a handful have left for various reasons. They were extremely short pre covid and training bottlenecks were becoming a big issue. They need Saab captains which take a lot of time. Direct entries take up to 6 months training from memory. Meanwhile they have internal EOI for 737 FOs which is only available to Saab captains.

The chief pilot has told half a dozen captains in Adelaide to bid for empty bases or be moved, which I'm sure has gone down well. Many Adelaide and Perth captains have already applied for alliance and network. Many guys are waiting on Qantas SO dates.

They are the facts and not 'bollocks'. And facts don't care about our feelings.

The company always has drama and it's a fascinating thing to watch from the sidelines.